Document referenceBUBLG
Level of description Fonds
TitleLlangeinor Burial Board, Records
Date1886-1921
Creator(s)Llangeinor Burial Board
BackgroundThe Llangeinor Burial Board (Glamorgan) was established in 1886, by the Llangeinor parish vestry, Llangeinor (or Llangeinwyr), Glamorgan. Two committees were set up, one for the Ogmore valley and one for the Garw valley, and cemeteries were opened at Pwll-y-pant, in Ogmore Vale, in 1887, and at Gelliron, in Pontycymer, in 1889. The Burial Board was taken over in 1921, by Ogmore and Garw Urban District Council, under section 62 of the Local Government Act 1894.
DescriptionRecords of the Llangeinor Burial Board, 1886-1921, includes: minutes, 1886-1921; ledgers, cash books, and burial fees account books, 1886-1921; register of burial fees, 1903-1911 (includes names of those buried); registers of burials 1887-1921; registers of graves, 1887-1923; registers of purchased graves 1888-1921.
ArrangementArranged accordingly to date and type.
LanguageEnglish
Extent22 volumes
Physical characteristicsGood to fair condition
AppraisalAll records which meet the collection policy of the Glamorgan Archives have been retained.
Finding AidsThe catalogue is available at Glamorgan Archives
Related materialRelated material is Glamorgan Archives, UDOG/BU/1-65, DCOG/EH
Access statusNo restrictions.
Conditions of accessNo restrictions.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020