Document referenceDBAP9
Level of description Fonds
TitleRumney English Baptist Church, Cardiff, Records
Date1927-1968
Creator(s)Rumney (English) Baptist church
BackgroundRumney English Baptist Church was established in Tyr-y-sarn Road, Rumney, Cardiff, Glamorgan, in 1921. It was alternatively known in later years as the Alfred Tilly Memorial Chapel, named from the Rev. Alfred Tilly, minister of Bethany Church, St Mary Street, Cardiff, 1857-1861, and minister and founder of Tredegarville Baptist Church, The Parade, Cardiff, 1861-1893.
DescriptionRecords of the Rumney English Baptist Church, 1927-1968, including: minutes of church meetings and deacons meetings, 1937-1949; minutes of deacons meetings including minutes of new hall management committee, 1949-1961; minutes of deacons meetings, 1961-1968; and minutes of Sunday School business meetings, 1927-1945.
ArrangementArranged chronologically.
LanguageEnglish
Extent1 box
AppraisalAll records have been retained.
Source of AcquisitionTransferred by the Rumney English Baptist Church on 30 May 1973.
Finding AidsA handlist is available at the Glamorgan Record Office.
Conditions of accessNo restrictions
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020