Document referenceDWES
Level of description Fonds
TitleGlamorgan Wesleyan Methodist Records
Date1765-2010
Creator(s)Glamorgan Wesleyan Methodist Church
BackgroundWesleyan Methodists began making in-roads in to south Wales during the mid-eighteenth century, and a Glamorganshire Circuit was established in 1765. In 1796 the circuit was divided into two smaller units, Swansea serving the west, and Cardiff the east. In 1817 Cardiff was divided into English and Welsh circuits, and in 1848 Bridgend split from Cardiff, forming its own circuit.
DescriptionRecords of the Aberdare Circuit, Rhondda and Ely Valley Circuit, Rhymney Valley Circuit, Merthyr and Brecon Circuit, Tonypandy Central Hall, Mountain Ash Primitive Methodist Circuit, Pontypridd Circuit. Barry Methodist Registers
ArrangementChronological within record series.
LanguageEnglish
Extent140 volumes
Physical characteristicsFair condition
AppraisalAll records which meet the collection policy of Glamorgan Archives have been retained.
Finding AidsA detailed catalogue is available online
Access statusNo restrictions.
Conditions of accessNo restrictions.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020