Document referenceP96
Level of description Fonds
TitleLlangeinor Civil Parish Records
Date1684-1880
BackgroundCivil parish councils were established by the Local Government Act 1894. The civil parishes took over some responsibilities previously administered by the (ecclesiastical) parish vestry. In 1974, parish councils in Wales became known as community councils or town councils and existing boundaries were altered.
DescriptionRecords of Llangeinor parish comprising overseer's rate book, 1880; overseer's account, 1684-1685; petty constable's account, 1700; warrant to petty constable, 1700; agreement to build new bridge at Abergarw, 1785; notice of vestry decision concerning footpath, 1875; copy of tithe apportionment, 1844.
ArrangementArranged by deposit
LanguageEnglish
Extent1 volume, 6 papers, and 1 parchment of 29mm
AppraisalAll records which meet the collection policy of the Glamorgan Archives have been retained.
Source of AcquisitionDeposited at the Glamorgan Record Office from various sources, [1950s]-[1980s].
Finding AidsA handlist is available at the Glamorgan Record Office
Related materialRelated units of description at the Glamorgan Archives: overseer's accounts 1684-1685; petty constable's accounts 1700; warrant to petty constable for collection of county rate 1700; agreements for repair of Abergarw bridge 1785-1789; and notice of vestry decision regarding a footpath: GB 0214 DBJ/P/96/2-6
Conditions of accessItems containing information on named individuals may be restricted in accordance with Data Protection.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020